We are delighted to have been re-accredited Silver Recognition by the Investors in People Board for a further three years, which places Sporn Construction in the top one percent of all recognised companies nationally. We value our award deeply as it demonstrates our unwavering focus in delivering master craftsmanship nurtured by our positive, progressive and innovative working environment. We originally attained Silver Recognition in 2013 and Bronze Recognition in 2010.
The Investors in People assessors spent two days talking to staff and reviewing all aspects of our business and the way it is managed. They found many areas of best practice in particular:
- Strong Leadership – the partners and managers lead by example, working with their teams to maintain consistent service levels.
- Learning and development – staff are constantly learning through coaching and courses.
- Communication – there are regular staff meetings and the firm adopts an open door policy.
- Staff Involvement – staff are encouraged to bring their views and ideas for the company to the attention of the management.
- Our People – the staff feel valued, trusted and appreciated. Everyone is treated as an individual.
They found that the firm was committed to business improvement through its people and that a culture had developed at the firm where the staff took great pride in delivering high quality work and ensuring the best possible client care.
The extensive report following the assessment stated:” People talk about things “not the Sporn way” highlighting the recognised and unique way people work within Sporn Construction. 88% of people agree that the organisation’s values guide the way that Sporn Construction operates and decision are made. Interviewees confirmed this with people commenting that the values are embedded and lived on a day to day basis…Strict adherence to the values is not always the most convenient thing to do however people confirmed that their importance remains uppermost even though this could be frustrating or even costly or time consuming.”
We utilise the Investors in People assessment to externally assess that our every day culture achieves our company vision and ethos and to demonstrate the importance we place on achieving high standards in everything we do.
Congratulations to the whole team!